This is my art blog.
Unless stated otherwise,
All art here is made by me
Please do not steal, edit, or
repost any of my artwork!!
DevArt - My Face - Asks
Commissions - About Me
# ALL THOSE TIMES I RIPPED YOU OUT OF MY FACE WHEN I STOOD UP TOO FAST
# RIGHT SIDE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME
# I WILL MISS YOU
A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR THE LEFT SIDE OF MY HEADPHONES
R.I.P. LIL LEFTY
# i dont think ive ever been drawn before
# that strong desire to dye my hair is back again now
# i want pastel hair D:
# so talented! and nice!
Sorry everyone! I’ve been away a week (Canada day) And I’ve received quite a few anons/asks pertaining to the reposting of my artwork (specifically weheartit.com, pinterest.com, facebook.com, etc. etc.)
Since there were sooo many asks I’ve decided to compile the most popular ones into one F.A.Q.
What is the difference between a reblog and repost?
- Reblogs and Likes are awesome! A reblog is when you click that little arrow button thing on the bottom of my post!
- Reposts are when anyone other than myself post’s my artwork on any website (including Tumblr). Then they get all the Reblogs and Likes, not me. Reposts are not so awesome :c
Can I save your artwork to my computer?
Yes! Go right ahead, you can use it as a desktop or screensaver! You can even print it out as long as you are not using it to make money.
But please do not use it as an icon or sidebar or header for websites.
Is it okay if I use your artwork on my website?
Thank you for taking the time to ask me but unfortunately the answer is No. Most of the artwork posted on my blog is my own personal work and any artwork made for other people is to only be used by them.
Why can’t I repost your art artwork on –insert site name-?
If I wanted my artwork on that site, I am more than capable of putting it on there myself. But, thank you.
Why don’t you want your artwork reposted?
Some websites actually gain the rights to that content once you post it on their site (unless a 3rd party owns it, then the actual owner can file a DMCA)
If it’s sourced what’s the big deal?
Thank you for sourcing but that’s not the problem.
Let’s say I post my artwork on Tumblr and then Person A reposts with the best intentions of getting me exposure and sourcing me. Then Person B & C take it from Person A and they both don’t source it (and let’s say Person C only reposts it to get themselves more followers). Then a few more people do that etc etc, until eventually it’s on some random foreign website edited with my watermark removed and now they’ve changed some features and they are taking credit for it.
Isn’t this helping you in the end?
If you really want to help me out, my commissions are open and once you pay for your own personal artwork you can do whatever you want with it!! :D
(not for commercial use however)
I found you via –insert site name-
I’m glad you found me! Most people do not take the time to look-up the actual source and I do appreciate that! Thank you!
Don’t you want the exposure?
I’m extremely grateful to have the followers I do, but ultimately exposure isn’t my main goal. I just want to share my artwork with like minded people. I do this for fun, not fame.
And it actually makes it harder for people to find me when the reverse Google search of my artwork is 20+ pages of weheartit.
I don’t care what you have to say I’m going to repost it anyways. If you don’t like it then you shouldn’t post your art online!!
Contrary to popular belief the internet is not the wild wild west. There are actual rules and laws that you are required to follow. Since you are using a site, you did in fact sign the ‘Terms of Service’. When you disobey such rules you can be reprimanded. I didn’t make the rules and I didn’t make you sign the TOS.
This is an example of Weheartit.com TOS:
IV. User Posted and Third Party Content
- A. We do not review new Content prior to it being Posted on our Website or through the Services. By Posting Content to our server, you guarantee us that you have the right to make this Content available for use in accordance herewith. You further agree that Content you Post to the Services will not contain third-party copyrighted material, or material that is subject to other third-party rights (including rights relating to publicity and privacy), unless you have permission from the rightful owner of the material or you are otherwise legally entitled to Post the material and to grant We Heart It all of the license rights granted herein.
VI. Prohibited Actions
A.You agree that you will not:
- Post any Content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party;
- Post any Content that you do not have a right to do so under any law or under any contractual or fiduciary relationship;
I hope this has helped anyone! If anyone has any further questions or would like to debate these things further then my ask box is open!
However, for now, this is the last time I will address these topics publicly on my blog. I like to keep things clutter free and I’m sure people don’t want to re-read the same things over and over.
And I have to apologize to anyone with social anxieties; I have turned off the Anonymous feature on Asks for a little while due to all the negativity and rudeness I’ve received over the week. :c
# i never said dont reblog it
# i said dont post that shit on weheartit
# its not that hard
# ask box
# my face
please stop putting my artwork on weheartit.com
& any other website for that matter
# WTF DONT CRAWL ON ME
# NO WASP I DONT WANT YOUR WASP KISSES
# GO BACK OUTSIDE SIR
# qtsie rant
OMG A WASP WAS JUST UNDER MY COMPUTER DESK AND TRIED TO NINJA ATTACK ME